Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Additional table bbcode options available - posted on 5th Mar 2018 at 3:12 PM
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 1294 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
Default Cabinet of Curios
ok I have a creation in the submitting queue. There are some changes that need to be made. Here is the photo on short, med, and tall walls. I will then have what the moderator said.

short wall

Tall wall

Medium wall

The texture is very out of scale. It is either far too big, or far too small, to be realistic. Consider how big certain elements, such as the pattern or a tile, would be in comparison to a person in the real world, and then make sure they're the same size in comparison to a sim in game.
These are VERY realistic. I am just not sure they fit the style enough of the sims in game. Could you alter it somewhat with your photoshop (or photoshop style) program to make it more sims styled? It is obviously a real photo. A mural should follow the same rules as a painting, and paintings have to fit the painting style in game. I don't believe this does.

Most of the wall texture is not distorted, however some elements which are obviously supposed to be square or circular have come out rectangular or ovular. Remember that the game squishes wall textures horizontally, so you may need to stretch parts of your texture in order to have them look right in-game."

My question(s) is/are this:
How do I make something more simish?
This is not a mesh. I do not know how to mesh (yet). It is an image from an actual website. The short wall is good. The medium wall is ok. The tall wall, there is some pixelation, but I am very new to gimp and can not afford photoshop. I am having a hard time putting a banner together for my creative store in S4S.
Is there any way to create a mural that just stays on the short walls? What if I do not want the downloader to scale the wall? o.O Oh wait, I just thought about that. would be weird to scale the walls around the mural, but not what the mural is on. ugh!
How do I fix this so I can upload my creation?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Be better today than you were yesterday.
Be more today for tomorrow may never come.
Make every moment count.
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
Your images are not being shown. So it will be impossible to give you a solution. Kindly correct it.